We’ll meet this Sunday, July 11th at 10:00 am at the end of Chevelle Drive of Candler Road (see directions below). This is the South trailhead for Dearborn Park. This park, though small, is a haven for wildlife and holds at least one small remnant of the original forest. We’ll focus on Japanese Chaff Flower removal and learn a bit more about this special forest.
Please note Friends of Dearborn Park is not a sponsor as we are prohibited from any activities because we are part of Park Pride and DeKalb County Park and Rec
Please dress for comfort with sturdy shoes. Due to Covid 19 precautions we don’t re-use gloves, so please bring your own or we can provide a brand new unused pair for you for $5. We will provide small hand tools.
Please bring a face mask for when we are 6 feet apart (if you are working 12 or so feet away from others you may not have to wear it that time.)
Face mask for when we are 6 feet apart.
Your epi-pens if you are allergic to bees
Dress for comfort and wear sturdy shoes
If you have any questions, please call Kathryn, 404-862-0118.
We look forward to seeing you this Sunday!
• From Downtown Atlanta, merge onto I-20E
• In 2.5 miles, use the right lane to take exit 61A
• In 0.2 miles, turn left onto Maynard Terrace SE
• In 0.2 miles, turn right onto Memorial Dr SE
• In 2.4 miles, turn left onto Candler Rd SE
• In approximately .5 miles, turn right onto Chevelle Lane (the left side is Hosea Williams Dr.)
• Go to the end of the street and park along the side of the street, we meet at the trailhead for Dearborn Park
• (You can use 535 Chevelle Ln